Italy has something for everyone and is a destination that takes many visits to fully appreciate. Travelers have been spellbound by it’s mountains, art, landscapes, people and food for many years. Below I will outline some important Italy travel tips you should know before going.
- Many tourist attractions do not allow photography – particularly museums.
- It is considered rude to walk around towns in bikinis, beachwear, short shorts or skimpy outfits.
- American and European DVDs use different formats, so what works at home may not work in Italy. This is becoming less of a problem with the rise of Multi Region DVD’s.
- Returning or exchanging an item, even if it is flawed not common in Italian stores so make sure you check things thoroughly before you buy.
- Some stores will not allow you to try on shirts and blouses.
- Wheelchair access to restaurant bathrooms is rare, as are ramps and elevators in old buildings. Buses are also generally not wheelchair-compatible.
- Topless sunbathing is common on the northern and central Italian beaches, however it is not advised in the more conservative and traditional south.
- Hotels often don’t have pools or video games, while